ruby/google

nycm...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2005, 5:50:21 PM8/15/05
The Ruby/Google library from
http://www.caliban.org/ruby/ruby-google.shtml stopped working for me a
couple of days ago. No matter what machine I am on or what API key I
use I get the error:

SOAP::FaultError ... No Deserializer found to deserialize a ':key'
using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

I am able to access the API via other libraries using the same API key.
Does anyone know what's going on?

matt

Aug 19, 2005, 11:40:03 AM8/19/05
OK, so I have things working again! I dug around in the library that I
am using (ruby/google) for hours on end and started playing around with
things. It turns out that some of the parameters (lr, ie, oe) that were
blank in my queries were being sent to my soap library as nil (i'm
still not sure what the final difference in the soap message after
being processed by the soap4r library was), so I changed those from nil
to "" (empty quotes) and ta-da everything worked! Hope that helps. If I
have time this week I am going to run some tesst and see what the
actual difference in the soap message sent to google is.

Ekrem Teymur

Aug 25, 2005, 7:51:12 AM8/25/05
I have the same problem. But this didn't solve it.

Alex Castro

Sep 4, 2005, 3:25:49 PM9/4/05
I also have this problem. I haven't been able to find a solution
anywhere on the web.